Sewell FM maintain BAFE accreditation for fifth year running
Sewell Facilities Management has been recognised as one of only three companies in Hull to become BAFE Registered.
The British Approval for Fire Excellence (BAFE) Fire Safety Register offers a comprehensive record of third-party certificated organisations that business owners, property managers, facility managers, specifiers and others who require assistance, can use to help manage their fire safety responsibilities and obligations.
Sewell FM is registered under non-domestic fire detection and fire alarm system design, installation, commissioning, and maintenance, meaning end-users can have peace of mind that their fire safety compliance requirements are being fulfilled by a provider with quality evidence of their competency.
Sewell FM have specialist trained team members who work hard to ensure the business maintains high fire safety standards across its full estate, which includes 14 health centres and the Group’s three offices in Hull, Willerby, and West Yorkshire.
Andy Richardson, Electrical Maintenance Supervisor said:
“It’s very hard to gain a BAFE accreditation, and so a lot of hard work goes on behind-the-scenes to ensure we meet its strict assessment criteria.
“We were awarded our first accreditation back in 2017. Since then, it has become a unique selling point for the business because so few companies are registered in Yorkshire with it being so difficult to get onto.
“Criteria differs depending on the type of building you’re assessing, and so specialist training is needed to be able to identify what needs doing to ensure the buildings are up to legal standards. As one of the specialists, I’m now in the process of training more of the team up on it to be able to offer a more well-rounded, in-house service to all our customers.
“As a gold standard accreditation, it’s a kite mark a lot of companies will be looking for with any FM provider, so it’s important we’re able to demonstrate our expertise, technical abilities and systems we have in place to look after buildings properly.
“Being BAFE accredited is more proof that we can provide quality and peace of mind to both new and existing customers.”
Sewell FM also offer an initial visit to any new client to highlight any discrepancies with their systems and will produce a recommendation report based on the findings.
Seven reasons to choose a BAFE Registered Organisation to help meet your fire safety obligations:
- We’ve been independently and regularly assessed for five years to ensure we achieve quality evidence of competency to deliver specific work,
- It is completely voluntary, meaning our own time and money is used to demonstrate our commitment to quality – showing we are skilled professionals to help meet your requirements,
- There is certificated evidence of our competency which insurers will be interested to see if a claim ever needs to be made,
- You can have confidence that you’ve acted with due diligence in sourcing a competent organisation to help meet your fire safety obligations,
- We’re assessed annually so we can keep up to date with relevant standards and best working practice,
- We’re always at the leading edge of the fire safety industry,
- The certification is recommended by Government and Fire and Rescue Services across the UK.
Sewell FM is also a Gas Safe, Refcom and NICEIC accredited business. It also holds ISO accreditations for quality 9001, health & safety 18001, and environment 14001.